Tuesday, August 5, 2008

IPhone 3G still having trouble with many YouTube videos

One of the things I love doing is watching videos on my train ride to work everyday, however there is one really annoying issue that keeps popping up on my IPhone 3G. The infamous "This movie could not be played." issue.



A few quick google searches seems to indicate that the problem is with the encoding of the video. I have noticed that the videos that fail seem to be in higher resolution (not scientific, just an observation). My main gripe with the issue is that videos fail even though they come up in the built in YouTube IPhone App search. You would think that Apple/YouTube would at least filter out these videos that are not compatible with the IPhone yet. For all the great usability products being released at Apple and Google, this is definitely a major blunder.

No comments: